Tagged! --Some GUTGAA Awesomeness

3:05 PM



I never knew playing tag could be so much fun! A big thanks for being tagged by one of my awesome critique partners-- Diana Long. Be sure to check out her questions.  :)

So, here we go!

What is the working title of your book?
It's called Uncovered as of now. I think the title works but I'm always on the look out for something better.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
From the Land of Stories, of course. You know, that place you go when you're supposed to be working/driving/eating/sleeping. Seriously though, I just started with my two main characters and a general plot idea. It's evolved a lot since that first day.

What genre does your book fall under?
Young Adult Paranormal Romance.

Side note: It could definitely be termed a Sci-Fi also. Would that be better? Maybe. I think I could also tack on Thriller but as we all know, no agent wants to read a book that's a YA Paranormal/Sci-Fi Romance/Thriller. I'm not looking to get instantly rejected. Haha

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I've spent way too much time thinking about this. Haha For my awesome MC, Hallie, it would be Emma Roberts. For the swoon-worthy hero, Chace Crawford. He's swoon-worthy, right? And then it would be Alexis Bledel for the fun, loving Adalyn. 

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Oh boy, this is the hardest part. I'm sure it will change 1000 more times but here's what I have:
When Hallie runs into Colton, an alien who's part an outcasted rebel faction who, she must decide who to trust and figure out why they think she's of use to them before she ends up dead. 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agent?
I'm hoping and praying (and writing, writing, writing) that it will be represented by an agent.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Honestly, about a month. But... (and this is a big but) it freaking sucked! Not all of it, but a lot of it. My antagonist was flatter than a pancake that had been sitting out for a year.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
An antihero, plot twists, and a protagonist who isn't a pushover and is oh-so-awesome. (At least, I hope you think she is!)
Plus, what's not the love about a hot alien boy? I guess unless you're a guy, then that definitely wouldn't be the selling point! =)

Now it's my turn.

TAG! You're it.
Anabel Gonzalez
J. M. Bray

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Penny for your thoughts...

2016 #PitchWars Mentee

2017 #FicFest Mentor

Popular Posts