NaNoWriMo

4:51 AM

Call me crazy but...

I'm super excited about NaNoWriMo. Granted, I might not be so excited on day 25 when I'm pulling out my hair...but right now, I am. After I decided what I wanted to write for it, I actually became more excited for this novel, rather than my other WIP. Good sign? I think so. I've put my other WIP on hold until after this one.

Something about it is whispering to me, "Hey, write me. I think we could make magic together." And I can't ignore it any longer. So I've been developing the plot, characters, and world. Since I'm mostly a pantser, this has been somewhat hard. I know how it will start and end. I've plotted some points in the middle. Is it enough? I think so. Will I be able to do it?

Abso-freaking-lutely!

The part that scares me the most isn't writing 50,000 words in 30 days. It's actually that I've decided to write it in dual POV. Something I've never done and something I never thought I would do. But after thinking about it, it's the only way to do the story justice.

It kind of makes me sad that when I went to the Facebook page for my region's NaNoWriMo, that only six people were "attending". Guess I won't be meeting that many writers in real life anytime soon!

As a side note, I find it funny that it will be the second Sci-Fi story I write. Now, a few years ago, I would have told you that I hate anything Sci-Fi. Then I read The Host by Stephenie Meyer and decided that I was wrong. Maybe you could be wrong too. Still, I wouldn't have thought I'd write two of them... Just food for thought.  :)

This is how I feel when someone points out a logic flaw in my Sci-Fi manuscript.

“There's an old folk saying that goes: whenever you delete a sentence from your NaNoWriMo novel, a NaNoWriMo angel loses its wings and plummets, screaming, to the ground. Where it will likely require medical attention.” 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just awarded you with the Liebster Blog award! Check out my blog for the details. :)

    I'm excited for NaNo too! My area has quite a few participants, but not sure if I'll be able to go to any of the write-ins. :/

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

2016 #PitchWars Mentee

2017 #FicFest Mentor

Popular Posts